October 7, 2011 § 4 Comments
It's about that time again.
I’ll give you three hints:
Leftovers for days.
That’s right- we have entered into the Season of Soup. If you recall, last year Kenny and I were on a huge soup kick. Being newlyweds and all, nothing was less stressful than throwing meat and veggies into a pot for the day. Then, it’s done for you when you sit down to dinner in the evening. Genius. It’s like someone else cooked for you.
But I digress [enough plugging Crock Pots, already]. The point is that soup is the perfect catalyst for rolls, butter, and cheese (also known as The Trifecta at our dinner table) thus we are thrilled to try out some new recipes.
That’s where you come in.
Friends, I know you have recipes. I know this because studies show that 87% of the population* are better cooks than I am (and the other 13% are babies or people who live in New York City) so there must be some to-die-for soup recipes that I have yet to discover. Yes, I know that I can look them up online, but there’s nothing worse than making a whole pot of soup that sounds and looks delicious, only to have it taste like tomato water (it’s happened-still a mystery). Culinary error? Small chance. Lame recipe? More likely. I’d love to get recommendations for what you’ve made and enjoyed so we can do the same, slipping into a soup-and-roll-induced coma of bliss.
If you’re willing to pass them on, I can’t wait to read your comments. I’d love to create a forum for recipe sharing that can bless everyone! And if you don’t wish to share your great-grandma’s Top Secret recipe with the rest of the class, go here and I shall use the utmost discretion (that is until I make it and eat it and it’s SO GOOD that I simply HAVE to take pictures of it and write about it here, of course).
Thank you in advance for our upcoming meals.
This post brought to you by Crock Pot [seriously, that was the last one].
*really. I looked it up. Another fun fact? 11% of the world’s population is left-handed. But I just got that one from a Snapple cap.